Monday, October 31, 2011

Birthday stash

On my birthday, there was the unfortunate event where my house caught on fire. Literally. With me and the dog in it. Luckily, the fire was quickly put out and most of the damage was just exterior damage contained to one wall of the house. It could have potentially gone really wrong had it not been the quick thinking of the landscaper guys who were here at the time. (Long story short, they indirectly caused the fire tho it seem for the most part it was a freak accident.)

I on the other hand, had the nice experience of calling 911 for the first time.

Funnily enough, now that I remember it, nobody shouted "Fire! Fire!" My first thought when I ran out of the house with the dog and saw the flames blazing into the sky was "oh this is just fucking great". And then I dialed 911 and even had a debate with the dispatcher on which county my house was in lol.

All in all, I feel lucky about the whole incident. Nobody was hurt, the house is still liveable save for a tarped off wall, and since it is a rental home the landlord's insurance will take care of it. Me and the bf even went out to a club to celebrate my birthday/Halloween weekend that night itself. My friends are now cracking "bringing down the house" and "too hot handle" jokes.

Anyways...on to happier things. My bday stash!

Marc Fisher Kevins boots..ok maybe this doesn't count because I bought it for myself lol. It's more expensive than any of my other shoes..but so worth the money! So comfy and it looks gorgeous!

Here is me trying the boots on at the store...once I put it on, I knew I had to have it!


Hype Miriam lambskin clutch with matching wallet..gift from the bf. I LOVE this one! Already used it several times. I love the stud details and the chain link straps!


Hype hobo...another gift from the bf!

Strap details...I love my chains and studs.


Lining of the hobo

No comments:

Post a Comment