Friday, November 4, 2011

Food collage

Meals I've had over the week:
Yayyy, Indomee!! I love my wonderful 30-pack box from Amazon! Nomnom. Whenever I am too lazy to cook, Indomee comes to the rescue! I love to eat mine with raw onions (yes, dragon breath ftw) and cucumbers.

Garlic fried rice, stir fried minced turkey with egg and tom yum soup.

One of my favorite home "cooked" meals: raw salmon and ahi tuna on rice. Drizzled with home made sesame soy dressing. Add some cucumbers and cut up seaweed sheets. Very healthy and yummy! And so easy to make!

Simple lunch: Udon noodles with shrimps in tom yum soup. Used bottled tom yum paste.

Stir fried black pepper udon with chicken. I sliced up a tomato as a veggie side to the meal.

Another favorite: Stuffed poblano peppers with gallo pinto (translation: the spotted rooster). Gallo pinto is essentially black beans and rice, a traditional dish from Costa Rica. One of my staple favorites ever since I visited Costa Rica! Such a simple dish but so hearty and delicious!

The stuff poblano on the other hand is something I rarely make because it is so time consuming. Between the prep work, the baking, the time it takes to cook the stuffing items individually, the time it takes to stuff the peppers...this dish is only something I will make when I'm in a good mood and have the time.

Last night's meal: Indian butter chicken. Yums! A surprisingly simple dish to make. Next time I'll try with paneer or with tofu for a vegetarian option. Basic recipe here. Mine was slightly modified as I didn't have all the ingredients on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment